[openbeos] Re: Developer Edition Vmware Image

  • From: "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 19:42:24 +0200 CEST

> Howdy,
>
> On Mon, 2008-04-07 at 04:01 +1000, Zenja Solaja wrote:
> > Hi Karl.  Great work with all the haiku images on HaikuWare.
> >
> > May I suggest a few additions to the Developer Edition super pack:
> >
> > 1) Since you are including BeIDE (great), can you also create a
> > directory called /boot/develop/BeIDE/tools, which is in fact a
> > symlink
> > to /boot/develop/tools/gcc-2.95.3-haiku-080323/bin.  This allows
> > BeIDE
> > to build projects.
>
> This is a question to Karl: do you have permission to redistribute
> BeIDE? If you don't, I highly object that you include this or any
> other
> BeOS IP in the Haiku packages that you are distributing.

Moreover BeIDE was not done by Be, but Metrowerks...

I've always warned people about using .proj file but noone ever
listens...

Not only aren't they scaleable or usable for more than 1 arch (must
have a ppc version, ...), they are also in an unknown binary format...

I started REing the format but I don't really have the time for that.

François.