[openbeos] Re: Developer Edition Vmware Image

  • From: "Cian Duffy" <myob87@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 23:04:20 +0100

On 06/04/2008, Karl vom Dorff <karl@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<snip>

> Thanks for these comments. Perhaps I'll contact Access and see what they
> say. It's probably pretty difficult to program without BeIDE.

Its far from essential. I still use it as my code editor but I suspect
the majority of developers use something else - such as Pe, or even a
command line editor. The fact that it uses propreitary project files
and not Jamfiles like the rest of the build system and doesn't have
any autocomplete/integration with the headers/etc that modern IDEs
have make it really not much use. You already have Pe in the package I
guess/hope?
Should be more than enough

Anyway, as goes BeIDE - Access don't own it. Its an antique version of
CodeWarrior, licenced from Metrowerks (now part of Motorola). Be had,
I believe, a 5 year licence on it last time they publicised it - even
if that was renewed to be perpetual, Access wouldn't really be able to
grant anyone else rights to distribute it.

Regards

Cian
--
"We're busy running out of time"