[haiku] Re: Desktop folder disappears from /boot/home

  • From: "Michael Lotz" <mmlr@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 00:20:32 +0200

Yes, Tracker.NewFS had both, the Desktop folder shown and the "Parent Folder"
item in context menu navigation. Both of which I find reasonable and useful.
For people using single window browsing, hiding the Desktop is the most
visible. In that case it completely breaks single window browsing when you
open a folder on the Desktop, as you can't navigate "up" from there. But also
for spatial browsing it's useful at times to view the Desktop in list mode
because of the additional detail. If we can agree on that, I'd like to apply
both changes. Allow browsing the Desktop and adding "Parent Folder" in the
navigation.

Regards
Michael