[haiku] Re: Desktop folder disappears from /boot/home

  • From: "Bruno Albuquerque" <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 01:42:51

On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 07:47:45 +1000, Zenja Solaja said:

> Visible (aka GUI navigable) "Desktop" directories have become the de-
> facto
> standard on all the other major operating systems/environments. IMNHO,
> hiding it isn't much of a convenience for end users.  There are times
> when
> you actually want to view the desktop contents in list/detail mode.

Except that this is not really the issue. The Desktop is always visible
and opened after all. BeOS was designed with the concept of a spatial
desktop so, because of that, it makes perfect sense that you can not
open another window with the Desktop folder. The singke window
navigation thing (and the option to manually ente4r a path) broke this
concept and this is why it looks a bit weird.

I, for one, prefer the spatial desktop concept.

-Bruno