[haiku] Custom resolutions in VirtualBox

  • From: "x-otic@xxxxxxx" <x-otic@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2010 21:03:35 +0100

Don't know if it's already known, at least I didn't find anything in the ML archives, so I'd like to share my discovery which might be of value to those using VirtualBox with a widescreen display.

It is possible to add a custom resolutions to the list of vesa-modes provided by VirtualBox. This is what worked for me and my 1600x900 display to run Haiku in fullscreen :D
Perform the following command from within the VirtualBox directory:

VBoxManage setextradata "VM name" "CustomVideoMode1" "1600x900x32"

source:
http://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch09.html#id485343

Best Regards,
  Jürgen Wall