[openbeos] Re: Coding Suggestion -- Templates, Iterators

  • From: "Erik Jakowatz" <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 21:11:20 -0700

>Not to start a flame war, but I heard templates had threadsafety
problems.

All depends on how they're implemented.  I understand that SGI's
implementation has some thread-safety issues; I'd like to see OpenBeOS
use/ship with STLPort which is getting to be pretty well known for its
robustness -- including thread-safety.

>Btw, the only thing in NPlay that uses an template (the list of
available
>renderers, a templatized BList), I had to comment out the delete
fRendererList;
>because it crashed everytime... so I'd say my experience with templates
is
>quite short :))
>
>François.

Data is not information, and information is not knowledge: knowledge is
not understanding, and understanding is not wisdom.
        - Philip Adams