[openbeos] Re: Coding Guidelines, translations

  • From: "Ithamar R. Adema" <ithamar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 11:40:21 +0100

>>Everyone needs to remember, though, that localization is more than
text.
>>Money, dates, numbers and more need to be localized. Plus the whole
up and
>>down and right to left text.
>>As well as resizing (as Jean alluded to above) and more.
>

>Didn't the 48hrs lib [planned to]support all this, why was it abanded=3F
>
>Something the 48hrs lib did not seem to support (but IMO should of)
was
>standard text (file, cut, etc)
>
>Mike, had an app using 48hrs

Good question mike :) Looking at the source for that, it looks like a
pretty neat architecture, but not completely finished yet :) However,
it contains the architecture to handle time/date/currency convertions,
as well as text translation :)

So I guess what would be cool, is when we could use the 48hrs code, and
the spLocale translations :) There should be a way to do it....

BTW, the 48hrs egroups entry looks like it has been active all along,
so when the moderator has accepted my subscription request, I'll keep
you posted on how things are looking there..... I would very much like
to include that in our R1 release, if it al possible.....

Signing off,

Ithamar (back to print=5Fserver's last details :)