[openbeos] Re: Coding Guidelines, translations

First, what mail client are you using, Marcus?  I think virtually every
single one of your mails to the list end up looking like a vast sea of
boxes with the occasional cross thrown in. =P  "Thankfully, I use BeOS;
all I have to do is query by attribute and open the garbled mail in
Eddie, and I'm off to the races!" ;)

Second, though there is a *lot* more to localization than translating
strings, using the translator API to provide a way to do this is bloody
*brilliant* -- I mean, that's what the API is there for, no?  Doing
translations? =)  I've been scratching my head the last couple of weeks
(in a low priority background thread) about how to integrate string
translation functionality into the interface kit and didn't *once* think
of this route.  Nice going, Marcus -- you going to implement this for
us? ;)

!

Data is not information, and information is not knowledge: knowledge is not
understanding, and understanding is not wisdom.
        - Philip Adams