[haiku] Re: Call from Ohio LinuxFest

  • From: scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 06:48:05 -0700

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 2:33 PM, Jorge G. Mare<koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> This morning I had a voicemail from Robert Paul of the Ohio LinuxFest asking
> whether Haiku had plans to participate in the event. I don't personally have
> any plans to attend or otherwise participate, but I thought I would mention
> this on the list in case there is anyone out there who would like to put
> together a Haiku presence at this event. If anyone would like to take this
> initiative, please email me privately, and I will pass on Robert's contact
> so that you can contact him.
>
> The OLF09 will be held on September 25-27, 2009 at the Hyatt Regency
> Columbus and the Greater Columbus Convention Center in Columbus, Ohio. Last
> year they had an attendance of about 1.2K people, which is pretty decent. I
> have heard good things about this event from several people, including Jono
> Bacon (Ubuntu community manager @ Canonical) whom I met during Open Source
> World last week. For more info, please check out their website at:
>
> http://www.ohiolinux.org
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jorge/aka Koki

So far we've gotten 1 maybe.  Is there anyone in the midwest who who
be willing to also man a Haiku booth in Columbus?  It's a much easier
job if there's 2 or 3 to man the both so that you each get a break
from time to time.  The expo part of the show is just on Saturday so
you'd only need to be there for the one day.  Let us know ASAP so we
can move forward on this.  Also it helps to have that extra person to
be able to take some pictures of the show. ;)
-scottmc