[haiku] Built-in cryptography

  • From: Alexander Fortin <alexander.fortin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 12:40:38 +0200

Hi folks.

I'm quite a new Haiku enthusiast and this is my very first email on this
list. Just want to thank you all devs and users!! I'm very impressed by
progresses has been done recently and I'm trying to understand what's
the best way to help a little... so far I just bought Haiku stuff on
Cafepress, I know I can do better :)

I think Haiku one day could be easily my only desktop OS (I just need 2
users and a splash), but to be really killer to me, I'd love to have a
way to encrypt every personal data on the harddisk.

I know I can keep stuff encrypted via openssl or gnupg, but I'm
wondering if there is any kind of development idea about built-in
cryptography, such as the Ubuntu built-in solution:

https://launchpad.net/ecryptfs

but of course any other way is very well welcome to me :)

See you soon community!

--
Alexander Fortin