[haiku] Re: Booting Haiku on legacy hardware

  • From: Clemens <clemens.zeidler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 08:00:23 +1200

On Tue, 12 Apr 2011 22:25:09 +1200, Charlie Clark <charlie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Am 12.04.2011, 00:37 Uhr, schrieb Clemens <clemens.zeidler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Sounds a bit like the problem I had with my old laptop. Try to disable APIC timer and ACPI or something like that (some combination with ACPI)...

I hope it's something more prosaic as I think I've disabled most of that stuff. I do have an old and no longer working CD-ROM drive in the box that may still be connected.

I'm not sure if switching off everything helped for me but can't remember exactly... Think it was this combination APIC, ACPI...
What are your exact specs?

        Clemens