[haiku] Re: Booting Haiku on legacy hardware

  • From: Yourself <smc.collins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2011 08:40:02 +0000

Charlie Clark wrote:
Hi,

on a recent attempt to try Haiku on one of my machines (an aged yellowtab PC) I find myself confronted with the same bug I had with the machine with Zeta: whilst I can boot from the CD I cannot actually get past the disk icon in the boot sequence. It was always the case that I could not use BeOS with a disc in the drive. Any ideas what settings in the BIOS or the safe menu I can try to overcome this?

Charlie

  what are the specs on the machine.What is the actual hardware ?

 Sean