[haiku] Re: BePDF documentation

  • From: "Ari Haviv" <arielbhaviv@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 07:14:47 -0500

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 2:24 PM, Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Am Freitag, den 19.12.2008, 13:40 -0500 schrieb Raymond C. Rodgers:
>> Stephan Assmus wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > When people print documentation, they will most likely print it on paper
>> > made out of the Great Bear Rain Forrest and similar last resorts of Nature.
>> >
>> > I wouldn't actively put thought into making it easy for people to print.
>> > Do you know what the per head consumption of paper is, especially in the
>> > US? It's completely off the scale and it's getting more, not less.
>> >
>> > Best regards,
>> > -Stephan

Printing is important. And please trust the user.
It is a lot easier to read a book on paper than it is to read on
screen. It will be a long time before we have affordable monitors with
DPIs that come even close to printed text.
Also, paper is recyclable and I recycle. (I have to, it's the law)
It's not as if we printed on styrofoam...