[haiku] Re: BePDF documentation

  • From: "Raymond C. Rodgers" <sinful622@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 13:40:59 -0500

Stephan Assmus wrote:
Hi,
When people print documentation, they will most likely print it on paper made out of the Great Bear Rain Forrest and similar last resorts of Nature.

I wouldn't actively put thought into making it easy for people to print. Do you
know what the per head consumption of paper is, especially in the US? It's
completely off the scale and it's getting more, not less.

Best regards,
-Stephan

Well, not to be hostile or start an argument but in those terms, why don't we just go ahead and remove the printing support from Haiku? That will prevent anyone from consuming paper [via Haiku at least], and reduce the damage done to the environment that way. Don't get me wrong, I think that printing is occasionally necessary, and I do agree that it can be very wasteful and damaging to the environment in multiple ways, but I think that if the operating system is going to support printing, then people are going to print regardless of what format the documentation may be in. Whether it looks right when it's printed or not, people are going to do it as long as there is printing support. So why fight a document file format because it looks right when printed?

Just my 2 cents...
Raymond