[haiku] Re: BeOS - ZETA - Haiku Ultimate Collection on eBay

  • From: "Dennis d'Entremont" <dennis.dentremont@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 13:03:30 -0300

On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 12:30 PM, Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 10:27 AM, Dennis d'Entremont
> <dennis.dentremont@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Same here. I've seen a few stock pictures of the past few years but
> nothing
> > to this extent. I wish I could afford this too. This is a crazy
> collection.
>
> I just hope it goes to someone else in the community who can continue
> to preserve it as the seller has. Though his reserve has not yet been
> met at $406.00 so he might be keeping it.

I don't know what he wants for it but there are still 5 days left to the
auction so I bet he'll get what he wants. $406 is still a bit low for what
I've seen them go for.

> I'm tempted to put a bid in but I already have too much clutter/stuff
> as it is and I think my girlfriend would kill me. Plus as much as we
> all love BeOS I think it is time to look more to the future, in other
> words Haiku.

I think it should be preserved, if for no other reason than historical
reference. We can enjoy the past while still pushing things forward :)