[openbeos] Re: BeOS BugBase

  • From: Kobi Lurie <k_lurie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 16:59:22 +0200

judging from the screenshots seems like an excellent choice.
anyone knows how it performs performance wise, and if the mysql can be
replaced with postgresql?
if i remember correctly mysql doesn't compile on beos due to mmap
support missing.
besides postgresql is just better in almost any sense.

David Reid wrote:

Without wishing to flame, or fna the flames, for simple get queries mysql is faster than postgres by a long way. For anything more complicated, postgres and mysql are about the same. Mysql support in PHP is better though.

Oh, and yes, I do use both and have worked on both for beos as well...

david

great. my mistake then.
good thing it didn't develop to a "mysql/postgresql is better"..
offtopic stuff is annoying enough as it is, and don't even get me started about flamewars.

by the way, where can i get a binary of mysql -- does it only work on bone?