[openbeos] Re: BString

  • From: rafasgj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 02:38:58 -0200

On Sun, 11 Nov 2001 05:13:27 +0100 (MET)
"Axel Dörfler"  <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

AD> Actually, Templates are very efficient - that's (more or less) the
AD> whole idea behind it. The code is compiled for every type you use it
AD> for.

In my experience, the object code runs as faster as it would without using
templates.
But, the compilation time, is really, really slow. And you have to hope
nothing goes wrong, or the compiler won't tell you!(Some might argue it
does, if you can read AND understand what it outputs, congratulations!)

[]'s
Rafael
-- Rafael Guterres Jeffman
-- rafasgj@xxxxxxxxxxxx