[openbeos] Re: Announce 3ivx 5.02 MPEG-4 ASP Video decoder/encoder for BeOS/Haiku released

  • From: "David McPaul" <dlmcpaul@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 11:05:02 +1100

Heya,

On 27/03/2008, dolgov <dolgov@xxxxx> wrote:
> Hello
> > It is pretty nice of them and you! The 3ivx codec is very solid. It is a
> > very fast performer and very reliable, I have never had a crash, even on
> > randomly corrupted files.
>
> It works well with BeOS MediaPlayer, though, tends to consume 100% of
> CPU sometimes.
> But I got crashes with 3vix-recommended software - VideoPro - on seeking
> attempts.

The MP4 extractor consumes 100% cpu on opening of the file.  Once the
file is playing you should not see this.

I am interested in obtaining copies of any MP4 files that people are
having trouble with.  Understand however, the extractor currently on
understands MPEG-4 ASP video and AAC audio (plus some RAW audio
types).  ALAC, AMR, MP3 audio is not currently supported nor is AVC
video.

I am working on adding ALAC, AMR and possibly AVC video as supported decoders.

--
Cheers
David