[openbeos] Re: Announce 3ivx 5.02 MPEG-4 ASP Video decoder/encoder for BeOS/Haiku released

  • From: "scott mc" <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 20:06:57 -0700

Nice.  I'm a bit unclear on the license agreement though, specifically #2:

*
"2. Permitted Uses and Restrictions*. This conditional and non-exclusive
License allows you to install and use the 3ivx Software on a single computer
at a time, and on one operating system only. This License does not allow the
3ivx Software to exist on more than one computer at a time. "

So if I install it for Linux I must uninstall it for BeOS, and then when I
want to use it for BeOS/Haiku I must remove it from any computers that I
might have it running on?  Why would one choose to use 3ivx with this
restriction on it?
Just wondering...  I guess I can't agree to this.

-scottmc