[haiku] Re: Alpha 1 RC downloads on Haiku Files

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 17:04:49 -0400

On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 4:14 PM, Jorge G. Mare<koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> As an expectation management measure, and to avoid people making wrong
> assumptions with regards to the nature and purpose of these candidate
> images, may I suggest that a bold "For Testing Purposes Only" disclaimer be
> added somewhere in the front and download pages where it cannot be missed?

I think this is a good idea, just to be safe. It would have been
better to have thought this through before everyone agreed on
publishing the alpha builds for testing. But as I recall from the
discussion we wanted more "in the wild" testing of the ATA stack
before the release, so this is what must be done.

> BTW, I think "imagefiles" is two words. ;)

I would also split that up.

--
Regards,
Ryan