[haiku] Re: Adding to FAQ: How to update to a nightly build

  • From: Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 14:33:34 -0500

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 14:19, Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> It has been commented that the Haiku website doesn't have a resource
> describing the procedure to upgrade an existing build to a nightly.
> Should this be added to the FAQ?

I'd rather see some of the various methods described as part of guides/
With disclaimers of them not being officially supported and such.

Also, I've been thinking about detailing non-standard installation methods.
(not booting from a CD or USB stick)
 -- like dd'ing directly to disk, installing from a VM, leap frogging
from one Haiku installation to another partition etc.

--mmadia