[openbeos] Re: AW: Re: marketing

  • From: Simon Taylor <simontaylor1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 20:53:52 +0000

> From: "Ronny Wisor" <RonnyWisor@xxxxxx>
> Date: 2007/03/13 Tue PM 08:23:44 GMT
> To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [openbeos] AW: Re: marketing
>
> I don´t have his private address... Everybody with his own opinion is a
> troll- here! I leave this "community" no need to talk about it!
>
> Best regards
> Ronny

A simple look at one of the many emails that Jorge has sent to the list would
give you his email address, or I'd imagine it's listed on the website.

And although I'm not Jorge; Haiku is indeed being marketed -  the nice looking
new site, the presence at SCaLE (or however it was capitalised), the Haiku Tech
Talk, mmu_man's Numerica presentation - all events targeted at reaching some
potential new developers, and all attended by some very important people in the
project.

I think you were suggesting making flyers in the thread a couple of weeks ago -
certainly it is too early to start dropping user-targeted flyers around the
place as Haiku is still trying to keep a low profile among people who do not
understand the meaning of alpha-level code (ie joe user). I believe the
conclusion was that developer-targeted flyers would be useful to have to hand
out at events like SCaLE which Haiku will attend in future.

If that is what you're talking about then you could start the ball rolling
yourself - put together a rough version and send it to people to start the
discussion. There's no marcom list mentioned on the website, but I'd guess the
haiku-web list would reach the correct group of people.

Simon