[openbeos] Re: AW: Re: Innovation: Design and Programming

  • From: Charlie Clark <charlie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 22:58:01 +0200

On 2003-05-01 at 20:24:14 [+0200], you wrote:
> i've also seen python used as a C++ wrapper for game engines like Freedom
> Force (ala the NWN engine).

Yes, Bethon will do the same thing for the BeOS.

> the devs said something about being able to call functions with optional
> parameters as being a real plus, but I've heard python is real finicky
> ie. if you have a space in the wrong place it, your code won't work.

This is a key issue for Python and kind of love it or hate it: you have to
indent in Python and you have to be consistent with your indentation within
any a particular code block otherwise you'll get a syntax error. Using
"tabnanny" usually removes any errors though leaving the code clean,
readable and runable.

Charlie