[haiku] AW: Hardware Profile

  • From: "Ronny Wisor" <RonnyWisor@xxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 17:27:36 +0200

Hi Dane,

I would suggest a Asus P5Q Pro as motherboard, a C2D E8500 as CPU, 4GB RAM
and a ATI Radeon HD 2600XT graphic card.

The video card is working in VESA Mode but it´s very good compared with
older graphic cards in this mode. For instance you could open several video
files without a problem.

It takes 15,5 seconds to boot up the PC. Haiku feels very snappy on this
hardware. :-)

All other built-in components like Network, HD Audio, USB, SATA hard disk
and DVD burner are completely supported. I can even use 5.1 surround sound
the first time in my time with BeOS related operating systems -> so cool.
:-)

It´s a full size ATX motherboard so you must use a relative big case.

Regards
Ronny