[haiku-web] Re: Update to the videos page - easy task?

  • From: Serpentor <serpentor013@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 07:43:03 -0600

FWIW, as BeOS/Be Inc was on the down hill slide, the General Coffee Company
(who did the original port of the Flash Player to BeOS) asked Adobe at the
time if they could port the newer version of Flash Player (6 or 7).  Adobe
said "Sure, if you pay us $10,000(US) for the right to do it!"  Needless to
say, The General Coffee Company could not come up with the money and the
port was never done.  I am with Dennis on this one, maybe we should just
ask.  There is a chance we may catch the attention of someone sympathetic to
our cause and they might help us.  We may find an old BeOS enthusiast in
there.  At the very least, we can let Adobe know that we are out here and
would like the Flash Player on Haiku at some point.

Now that I think about it, I do have a buddy that worked for Adobe at one
point.  He quit and started his own company that build high end Flash
applications but worked very closely with Adobe the whole time.  He has
since sold that business but I will get in touch with him and see if he
still has any contacts at Adobe.  Maybe we can get something going or at
least get honest answers via that route.

Serpentor