[haiku-web] Re: Update to the videos page - easy task?

  • From: Sikosis <sikosis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 10:23:00 +1000

I'll have a look at this today. Maybe setup a Haiku YouTube channel for people to add things - also I think we should use flickr and get ppl to tag their photos with say haikuos and then display those photos on our site.

Cheers

Sikosis

On 21/08/2008, at 7:17 AM, "Urias McCullough" <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yesterday, I got a private email from someone I met at the Linux
Picnic this year asking me if I knew how to view the NUMERICA video
that was linked from this page: http://haiku-os.org/about/movies - it
was being linked to haikuhost.com which is no longer maintained. It
seems some other mirrors of this video have disappeared as well.

Jorge found that archive.org had a mirror of it still, and he updated
the link, but this reminded me that we probably need to update this
page more regularly anway.

I know there are a few Haiku-related videos floating around now that
aren't listed here - most recently the Haiku Down Under video that
Sikosis did, as well as the Alternageek video of me talking about
Haiku at LinuxWorld (yeah, shameless plug :)

I have seen a few others as well... around the community and on
youtube. I also know that there has been some recent discussion about
establishing a collection of Haiku demo videos for people to watch.

I'm proposing that if someone here has the time to compile a more
comprehensive list, and even find mirrors to host the
non-youtube-based videos (or even to host alternate versions so
non-flash OSes can watch them), it would be helpful to keep this page
updated and visitors happy.

- Urias
--- -------------------------------------------------------------------- haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx - Haiku Web & Developer Support Discussion List