[haiku-web] Re: Moderation in the forums

  • From: "Humdinger" <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 18:53:22 +0100

Hi everyone!
[Since I couldn't find it this post in the mailing list archive, I'll
resend it...]

On Sun, 29 Jan 2012 11:29:32 +0100 I wrote:
> While I won't be drawn into a discussion in the mentioned thread [1]
> -
> I don't waste my time with unpleasant people - I do think we should
> improve our moderation.

After a bit of discussion on IRC #haiku-web with Matt, Urias and
Disreali, we decided on this course of action with regard to

1. Report a post considered deserving moderation on this mailing list.
(We are aware that in the end it's always a judgment call...)

2. An admin will swoop in and, when agreeing with the assessment, un-
publish the offending post. (By un-publishing, the comment could be

3. The admin will add a comment explaining who moderated the post and

Matt already added a blurb on the forum front page [1] asking people to
stay on-topic or risk being moderated.

I think we didn't have much need of moderation in the past (besides the
uncontroversial spam removal) and hope we won't have much in the future.
At least now we agreed to have it more visible.

[1] https://www.haiku-os.org/forum

      Deutsche Haiku News  -  Haiku Gazette