[haiku-web] Re: Godaddy DNS woes

  • From: Kit <kervas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 02:20:57 -0600

2012/9/10 Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>

> On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 2:23 PM, Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> > It seems Godaddy is having issues with their DNS servers currently -
> > which means people are having problems resolving our domains.
>
> It is an attack from Anonymous the hacking group.
>
> > If it doesn't clear up shortly, we may be forced to move our
> > nameservers to another service.
>
> Yeah we are dealing with this too at my work.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Ryan
> haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx - Haiku Web & Developer Support Discussion List

I assume that many of you may already be aware of the following news by
now, but I will still post it for reference - GoDaddy announced that it
resolved its problems, and they said that the downtime was not a result of
hacking.

Here are some links:
Go Daddy: yesterday's outage resolved, 'was not a hack'
[
http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/11/go-daddy-yesterdays-outage-resolved-was-not-a-hack/]

GoDaddy comments on outage of Sept 10
[ http://support.godaddy.com/godaddy/ceo-addresses-sept-10-service-outage/ ]