[haiku-sysadmin] Re: Cron <root@vmsvn> /bin/sh /etc/cron-scripts/send-daily-summary 2>&1

On 2010-04-22 at 13:22:00 [+0200], Niels Reedijk <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx> 
wrote:
> On 22 April 2010 11:33, Oliver Tappe <zooey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On 2010-04-22 at 10:49:02 [+0200], Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx> 
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> On 2010-04-22 at 07:55:06 [+0200], root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >> > Error building the cache:
> >> > 'repo2solv.sh' '-o' '/var/cache/zypp/solv/monitoring/solv'
> >> > '/var/cache/zypp/raw/monitoring'
> >> > Unknown checksum type: 108: sha256
> >>
> >> Line 108 of repo2solv.sh only contains a "gzip -dc" call. No sha256
> >> checksumming there, so this probably refers to a different script. I 
> >> assume
> >> this has something to do with update check/repository refresh? I'm sure
> >> Oliver has a clue. :-)
> >
> > Yes, I have: basically the SUSE-guys have fucked up several 
repositories 
> > we
> > are pulling from by switching them to use a checksum type that's not
> > supported by the zypper that comes with openSUSE-11.1.
> >
> > I'm pretty sure if we'd file a bug report they'd say that those repos 
are 
> > not
> > supported ... (although they are being officially maintained by 
> > SUSE-people,
> > i.e. those are not personal repositories).

Oh my, lovely situation. :-/

> > The newer zypper (the one that supports SHA256) is currently only 
> > available
> > for openSUSE-11.2 - just as if we needed one more incentive to upgrade.
> > Obviously, we are not going to do that now, with alpha2 just ahead.

Indeed. I guess that means postponing the upgrade at least until a few 
weeks after the alpha 2 release, when things have calmed down again.

> OpenSuSE 11.3 seems to be scheduled for July[1]. If we are going to do
> a big upgrade, then we might just make a big switch, or not?

After a new OpenSuse release I would at least wait for few months before 
considering it. So maybe upgrading to 11.2 first might not be such a bad 
idea.

CU, Ingo

Other related posts: