[haiku-sysadmin] Re: Cron <root@vmdev> /bin/sh /etc/cron-scripts/send-daily-summary 2>&1

  • From: Oliver Tappe <zooey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-sysadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 16:16:29 +0200

On 2012-10-22 at 10:08:04 [+0200], Niels Sascha Reedijk
<niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 22 okt. 2012, at 10:04, Oliver Tappe <zooey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[ ... ]

> > So I think we need to upgrade to 12.1 (maybe even 12.2) within the next
> > two
> > weeks. Considering my current work load during the week, I think I won't
> > have
> > time before the next weekend.
> > FWIW, I have added a 12.2 repository to our build service configuration …
>
> Sounds good. I would also say that 12.2 is a good target. I do not have
> experience on how this upgrading works, but I would like to know. Can you
> let me know when you will be starting? I would like to hear the steps.

Sure, I'll let you know when I will start. We can then discuss the best way
to do the upgrade, which isn't going to be trivial because of (at least)
these two facts:
- 12.1 switched from SysV-init to systemd
- 12.1 uses a version of PostgreSql that isn't able to read the DB-format of
  the one used in 11.4

I don't know what awaits us with 12.2 yet ...

cheers,
        Oliver