[haiku-inc] Re: Contract communication part 2

  • From: Patrik Gissberg <patrik@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-inc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-inc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 21:51:32 +0100

Ingo,

> There might be a bit of a misunderstanding on your part. Michael wasn't
> contracted to work on beta blockers only (muhaha, no pun intended),

Good one ;-)

> but on stuff that needs to be done for R1 (which has been the general agenda
> for the contracts so far, BTW). So the scope is a lot wider than what you
> might expect.

Again, you also missunderstand my point. I am not talking about
development, I am talking about marketing.

I do not complain about Michaels work. I've seen what he is capable of
and I am nothing but impressed. But what I am afraid of is that most
people interested in Haiku — and therefor a potential donor — do not
follow his work (because of lack or time and/or knowledge) to fully
understand this.

In order to maximize donations, these users needs to understand that
what Michaels is allowed to do is because of the money donated, and
that it is good.

If Michael did work on something that is easily understandable by the
avarage user, then they would notice the results them self. If not,
then communication is important.

I am not writing these mails to be mean. I am writing these mails
because I truly want us to be able to extend Michaels contract.

(sorry for any spell- or gramatic errors, writing from cellphone)

Patrik