[haiku-i18n] Whould you like to translate Keymap Switcher to your national language?

  • From: Siarzhuk Zharski <zharik@xxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-i18n@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 00:13:00 +0200

Hi All

Is anybody interested in adding his national language to Keymap Switcher's UI? You are welcome!

The source English catkeys file is available here:
http://siarzhuk.dyndns.org/viewvc/viewvc.cgi/cvsroot/keymapswitcher/locales/en.catkeys?revision=1.11&view=markup

To test your translation you need to install corresponding version of KeymapSwitcher package:

http://siarzhuk.dyndns.org/update-KeymapSwitcher-1.2.6-x86-gcc2-2011-02-13.zip - for system build with GCC2; http://siarzhuk.dyndns.org/update-KeymapSwitcher-1.2.6-x86-gcc4-2011-02-13.zip - for system build with GCC4.

Please use the included script to update your current installation of Keymap Switcher optional package.

After your copy of en.catkeys file will be ready you are ready to create catalog file. Please use following command (but replace the LC with your language code):

linkcatkeys -o LC.catalog -s x-vnd.Nexus-KeymapSwitcher -l LC LC.catkeys

Move the resulting LC.catalog to /boot/common/data/locale/catalogs/x-vnd.Nexus.KeymapSwitcher/ directory and restart the Deskbar.

As soon as you are satisfied with results of your translation, please share the source catkeys file with me. I'll include it into the next optional package for your convenience.

At the moment we have completed translations for following languages: Belarusian (be), Russian (ru), Ukrainian (uk).

WARNING: Unfortunately the version of KeymapSwitcher available from optional packages (1.2.5) used invalid MIME signature and we have to replace it in the mentioned above test version (1.2.6.5). That mean that after installing previous version or automatical update it after the Haiku rebuild some collisions between two versions of this application are possible. In such case you have to manually remove /boot/common/bin/KeymapSwitcher and /boot/common/add-ons/input_server/filters/keymap_switcher and reinstall the version you want to use.

Good luck! And thank you for attention and co-operation!

--
Kind Regards,
   S.Zharski