[haiku-gsoc] some questions about haiku kernel

  • From: Yongcong Du <ycdu.vmcore@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-gsoc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 23:39:40 +0800

Hi all,

I need your help for the following issues:
1. From userspace, How can I know how one interrupt is triggered? I know I
can get the information in KDL, but it's not convenient from userspace.

2. why do we add the quantumTimer in reschedule() in
scheduler_simple_smp.cpp? IOW what's reschedule_event() used for? The timer
causes the reschedule() be called unnecessarily. For example, oldThread and
nextThread are both then idle thread most time if the system is idle. And
another impact of the timer is that the timer interrupt number is too high.

I find that If I remove the timer, the system behavior is as good as
before, but the timer interrupt number is reduced a lot.

Thanks in advance