[haiku-gsoc] Re: [hcd09] Assorted Questions About the Indexing Daemon

  • From: Ankur Sethi <get.me.ankur@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-gsoc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 10:50:50 +0530

Karsten wrote:
> for large file content:
> Field::STORE_NO | Field::INDEX_TOKENIZED

> for less file content:
> Field::STORE_YES | Field::INDEX_TOKENIZED

I just looked at my code, and I was indeed using Field::STORE_YES even
for the file contents. No wonder my index was as big as the files I
was indexing. Field::STORE_NO significantly reduces the index size.

/me grins sheepishly
/me looks around furtively

The file size, for those who want to know, was reduced to a meager
20megs. Lesson learned: RTFM.

> Just look at the Field.h header and I also recommend to take a look into the
> book
> 'Lucene in Action'. Even if it is about the Java version, all applies to the
> C++ version
> too.

Yes, I think I need that now.

--