[haiku-gsoc] Re: Status update

  • From: "Jovan Ivankovic" <jivankovic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-gsoc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 15:44:22 +0200

As of cups-port I'm in the process of writing PPD parser and
configuration UI (In fact I'm continuing work that Michael started
some time ago). We (me and Michael) had a long discussion about port
direction,and what we mainly concluded is that we should not port
whole cups but just port filters and do the tighter integration with
Haiku. I really wanted to do a blog post about the design decisions
(will do later today or in the morning). After finishing PPD parser
and UI, next step would be optimisation of current libprint PostScript
driver (to have more compact output), actually port the filters, and
implement cups-raster format support so we can use native cups drivers
too.

Cheers,
Jovan