[haiku-gsoc] Re: Full Text Search and Indexing -- Looking for opinions/comments

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-gsoc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 23:39:31 +0200

On 2009-06-03 at 19:49:30 [+0200], Ankur Sethi <get.me.ankur@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ingo wrote:
> > PS: In case you haven't done that already, I'd recommend to set up another
> > BFS partition where your development sources live. This way you can update
> > the system without worrying too much.
>
> I did that. I have a 1GB BFS partition for Haiku, and another 10GB BFS
> partition where I'm keeping all my code.
>
> I just built Haiku again with GCC4. Now CLucene's ./configure runs
> without hiccups. Making it failed initially because compiler.h didn't
> know Haiku, so I fixed that (thanks scott :). Now it seems to have a
> problem with wide-chars. This is the exact message I get:
>
> ../src/CLucene/util/Misc.cpp:109: error: 'wcsstr' was not declared in this
> scope
> ../src/CLucene/util/Misc.cpp:124: error: 'wcsstr' was not declared in this
> scope
>
> Poking around in /boot/develop/headers/, it seems that wchar.h (in the
> posix directory) is incomplete. I'm using this page as reference:
> http://opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007908799/xsh/wchar.h.html
>
> Thoughts?

As Adrien already wrote, wchar support is broken ATM. Probably even the
wchar_t type will change (or so I hope), before it becomes useful. I hope
this isn't a show stopper for CLucene. It might be possible to disable wchar
support via a configure option. Or maybe in the resulting config.h. If that's
not possible, you could analyze to what degree wchar support is needed and,
if it isn't that much, either work around or implement the required parts.

CU, Ingo