[haiku-gsoc] Re: Full Text Search and Indexing -- Looking for opinions/comments

  • From: PulkoMandy <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-gsoc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 20:11:14 +0200

> ../src/CLucene/util/Misc.cpp:109: error: 'wcsstr' was not declared in this
> scope
> ../src/CLucene/util/Misc.cpp:124: error: 'wcsstr' was not declared in this
> scope
>
> Poking around in /boot/develop/headers/, it seems that wchar.h (in the
> posix directory) is incomplete. I'm using this page as reference:
> http://opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007908799/xsh/wchar.h.html
>
> Thoughts?
>
> --
> Ankur Sethi

Widechar support is quite broken in haiku as of now. This should
(hopefully) get better this year with the integration of the locale
kit i'm working on. But i'm not quite there yet. So you will have to
find a way to disable the use of wchars for now... I think the easiest
way would be to wrap wcsstr to strstr and just cast the result. Do
that in a typedef you can easily remove when the wchars are finally
fixed.

--
Adrien Destugues / PulkoMandy
Elève ingénieur ENSSAT EII1- www.enssat.fr