[haiku-gsoc] Re: Full Text Search and Indexing -- Looking for opinions/comments

  • From: Ankur Sethi <get.me.ankur@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-gsoc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 23:19:30 +0530

Ingo wrote:
> PS: In case you haven't done that already, I'd recommend to set up another
> BFS partition where your development sources live. This way you can update
> the system without worrying too much.

I did that. I have a 1GB BFS partition for Haiku, and another 10GB BFS
partition where I'm keeping all my code.

I just built Haiku again with GCC4. Now CLucene's ./configure runs
without hiccups. Making it failed initially because compiler.h didn't
know Haiku, so I fixed that (thanks scott :). Now it seems to have a
problem with wide-chars. This is the exact message I get:

../src/CLucene/util/Misc.cpp:109: error: 'wcsstr' was not declared in this scope
../src/CLucene/util/Misc.cpp:124: error: 'wcsstr' was not declared in this scope

Poking around in /boot/develop/headers/, it seems that wchar.h (in the
posix directory) is incomplete. I'm using this page as reference:
http://opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007908799/xsh/wchar.h.html

Thoughts?

--
Ankur Sethi