[haiku-doc] Japanese language manager

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare/aka Koki" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-doc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 16:15:39 -0700

Howdy,

In preparation for the upcoming alpha 2 release, we would like to push
for the Japanese translation of the User Guide (which is currently at
close to 0%). To that end, we recently reached out to the Japanese
community, and I am glad to say that Satoshi Eguchi (log-01) has stepped
up to the plate and volunteered to become the language manager for the
Japanese language.

Eguchi-san is relatively new to the community, but he has been showing
his commitment to the project by helping out in the Japanese
localization of apps, collaborating in the production of a Japanese
Haiku flier (soon to be disclosed for peer review), and by taking the
lead to represent Haiku at the upcoming Open Source Kansai@Kyoto
conference.

I think Eguchi-san deserves the opportunity to become more involved, so
unless there are any objections, I would like to give him access to the
User Guide translation tool, so that he can get started right away. I
will be helping him out with the system and we will be working out a
review workflow so that other Japanese community member can also
participate in the process (through the haiku-i18n-jp mailing list).

Cheers,

Jorge / aka Koki