[haiku-development] Re: xicon and executable scripts

2009/5/5  <pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Well, I guess I need a bit more help than I had hoped. (:(
> Not sure where I should ask questions like this, but as this is my
> contact point at the moment...
>
> I downloaded the latest raw image (r30629) and dd'd it (from Ubuntu)
> onto a fresh USB flash.  When I plug that into the ThinkPad, it gets
> mounted, and all the base directories seem to be there.  I copied
> over everything visible to overwrite a previously bootable Haiku partition,

So in haiku you copied from the usb to the drive?

> and tried to boot that.  The boot sequence hangs at the last 'Launch'(?)
> icon -- no disk activity that I can see after that.  (No problem with
> other untouched partitions.)
>
> Did I miss some step?  Suggestions?
>
> (I thought from what Scott told me that I'd be able to boot from the
> flash drive, but I don't see it with a re-scan.)

Check your BIOS for usb boot options.  They are wide and varied.

I have a machine here that will not recognise small USB drives as
bootable.  Needs 1Gb or more.

But with a bit of fiddling in the bios you should be able to get most
modern machines to boot usb.

--
Cheers
David