[haiku-development] Re: weird segfault in malloc internals when trying to call fdopen()

  • From: Alexander Botero-Lowry <alex.boterolowry@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Michael Zucchi <notzed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 23:29:40 -0700

> 2009/10/18 Alexander Botero-Lowry <alex.boterolowry@xxxxxxxxx>:
>
> Have to turn off 'INTERRUPT_INPUT' in the system file.  The GUI code
I swore I tried that. So I'll thank BROKEN_FIONREAD for the fact that
is seems to work now. ;)

> for each platform looks to be tacked on - a different c layer of
> system related functions for each platform, that are then called from
> platform specific lisp code, which is spread all over the place.  It
> will take quite a lot of learning about the internals to get it to
> work (and explains why e.g. the gtk port took years ...).

Yes, I've been trying to figure outwhere I can start, and it's been
quite difficult to pinpoint the obvious entry point.

> Ok, diff against 23.1 @ http://users.on.net/notzed/haiku/emacs-23.1-haiku.d=
> iff

Almost the same as mine except BROKEN_FIONREAD. :)

> Includes src/s/haiku.h and configure.in change, oh, and elf.h from
so haiku actually has an elf32.h which works (though you need to define
your own ElfW macro to use it since it uses structs instead of having typedefs
around the structs). But it's in private/, so I just copied it. I've been
meaning to file a bug about making it public.

> In GUI mode i turn off all the menus and rubbish so it's not a huge
> difference to me, apart from the clipboard, but obviously gui mode
> would be the target - but boy is the source a weird mess of platform
> specific hooks in c called from platform specific lisp code.

Same here. I only have scroll bars, mouse, UI cut and paste, and images
basically.

> FWIW remote xterms have been broken since xfree86 and then xorg.conf
> keep changing what 'xterm' as a termtype means, so if you're logging
> into a linux box blame that/use a different termtype.

That being said, xterm was chosen for libteken because everything implements
some subset of it, so it's expected to work relatively well as long as you
don't expect special features (like mouse support).

Alex