[haiku-development] Re: weird segfault in malloc internals when trying to call fdopen()

  • From: Alexander Botero-Lowry <alex.boterolowry@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Michael Crawford <mdcrawford@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 01:05:50 -0700

#define SYSTEM_MALLOC

\o/ \o/ \o/

Which makes emacs use system malloc instead of its own malloc infrastructure.
Supposidly the emacs malloc is ``better,'' for some value of that, but not
segfaulting is better to me.

It's still not working, but no more segfaults, seems to be a terminal
handling issue now, which is at least something that I know where to
start with debugging.

trying to unexec the bootstrapped temacs also fails with:

emacs: .bss shrank when undumping???

which is probably just some nuance of Haiku's ELF implementation I
need to try and account for. I'll get to that once I figure out what's
up with the terminal.

alex