[haiku-development] Re: vesa mode on geforce4

  • From: Richard Jasmin <jasminr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 13:04:10 -0400

did you try the color depth setting? my ibook has an issue with opengl
as its only an 8mb ATI card.I can't use high color modes and still have
openGL enabled. VESA might work, but is it soft emulated or hardware
enabled? modern cards have up to v3 hardware enabled.THose with
software, well, you need a TSR or VBE driver to get it to kick.At least
with DOS you did.

not sure about GeForce 4.I know its a common Dell card from a few years
back.I've used 7 and 8 series myself.