[haiku-development] Re: usb_joy

  • From: "Michael Lotz" <mmlr@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 21:29:15 +0200

Hi

> As hidparse.h and hidparse.c from usb_hid use code from the usb_joy
> can I
> assume that we can add that code to Haiku?

From a license standpoint of view I don't know. From the code side of
things the relevant parts of usb_joy should be put into a
JoystickDevice class that is a subclass of HIDDevice so that joystick
support is merged into usb_hid directly instead of adding another
driver. This shouldn't be too hard, but even if I did that I couldn't
test it because I do not own the corresponding hardware. So feel free
if you want to implement it, otherwise I will eventually do that
myself.

Regards
Michael