[haiku-development] Re: the beating heart of the poorman :-)

majie wrote:
> > Don't this link inklude the source?
> > http://www.bebits.com/bob/12514/RobinHood1.2.pkg
> Yes it is. I thought it was only include binary executable.
>
> I took a look at the source code and found that the file handler and
> directory handler is running as addon modules. Integrating into one
> binary may be troublesome. I'm still hesitating whether I should switch
> to robin hood, because my work on integrating libhttpd is almost done.

To be honest, I don't really care either way. I could imagine that libhttpd
has had more exposure and thus more testing. You should do what you're most
comfortable with. If you do a good job at separating the backend from the
rest of the code, then it's easy for you or someone else to switch it
later, should there be compelling reasons for that.

Best regards,
-Stephan