[haiku-development] stpcpy and ACPI woes

  • From: waddlesplash <waddlesplash@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Haiku Development ML <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2015 00:08:27 -0500

The ACPICA build failed on GCC4 (
https://buildbot.haiku-os.org/builders/haiku-master-x86/builds/2382 )
with the message "exmisc.c:(.text+0x456): undefined reference to
`stpcpy'". (It succeeds on GCC2.) Running a grep for "stpcpy" in that
file returns nothing, running a "grep -R stpcpy" over the entire ACPI
bus manager also returns nothing. Running a GitHub code search over
all of ACPICA also returns nothing (
https://github.com/acpica/acpica/search?q=stpcpy&type=Code&utf8=%E2%9C%93
).

According to https://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.7/changes.html it appears that
above -O1 there is a "string length optimization pass" which tries to
track string length, and does utilize stpcpy. However, the x86_64
build also succeeded (
https://buildbot.haiku-os.org/builders/haiku-master-x86_64/builds/2482
), so this doesn't seem to add up?

Anyway, I'm off to bed. I'll try -fno-optimize-strlen in the morning,
if nobody beats me to it.
-waddlesplash