[haiku-development] Re: session manager

  • From: Clemens <clemens.zeidler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 21:08:03 +1200

On Sun, 26 Jun 2011 03:15:39 +1200, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Each application has a private storage pool assigned where data can be
saved by name identifier in a BDataIO object (BFile).

I'm not sure if something like that is needed; why not let the app let store its state on its own? We could have a default location for this similar to config/settings.

when leaving the SaveState method. HasBeenAborted indicates if the user
cancelled the shutdown process.

On the other side I don't know if its a good idea to store unsaved document at all. When closing an application the app ask to save the doc anyway. If the user clicks no it does not make sense to store the doc IMHO. In this case a BMessage should be enough to store the app state. What do you think?

Regards,
        Clemens