[haiku-development] Re: session manager

  • From: Clemens <clemens.zeidler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2011 12:47:50 +1200

On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 02:14:48 +1200, Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx> wrote:

Anyway, I'd strongly recommend not to start developing this feature in the trunk as it seems to be quite a bit more complex than adding two new hooks to
BApplication.

I finally looked into it again and reworked it a bit. It is right that most applications have to implement these two methods to make it work probably but I would not see any big problems to develop it in the trunk. I think people would have it easier to adapt existing applications if session manager is already there. I doubt somehow that this would happen if the feature is somewhere in a branch.

At the moment a session is automatically saved on shutdown. The restore is done by putting a "hey registrar '_RLS'" (restore last session) into the boot script. Thus this is optional. If there are more problems I could also make the saving configurable...

If session management is disabled on the default I see no problem to commit into trunk, there are just two more hooks in BApplication. If there are no objections I would commit it soon.

Regards,
        Clemens