[haiku-development] Re: session manager

On Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 03:53:27PM -0600, Alex Wilson wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 3:05 PM, Clemens <clemens.zeidler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> > it could be a little bit tricky, e.g. single launch application could
> > already be part of another S&T group and tracker is also just one
> > application...
>
> I don't think this would be that hard, there's no reason why tracker
> couldn't open up windows for 2 different profiles simultaneously.
> However, I was thinking that choosing a new profile while you're
> running would replace your current windows, as opposed to
> superimposing the profile upon your current configuration.

If you mean that a profile would control *all* Tracker windows, this
would conflict badly with my habitual use of Workspaces.  I typically
devote one workspace to each project I'm working on (or intend to, soon...)
and leave all the relevant folders open, sometimes for weeks.

Having a profile for each project, though, and being able to have several
profiles active at once, would be really nice.

        -- Pete --