[haiku-development] Re: rsrc format different between zeta and haiku

  • From: "Romain" <romain.haiku@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 17:55:54 +0100 (CET)

>> It seems that the binary format for compiled resources (.rsrc files) is not
>> the same
>> between Haiku and Zeta. I have a resource file created with QuickRes on
>> Zeta with
>> app_flags set to B_BACKROUND_APP (i.e. 0x4). When (on Haiku) I add this
>> resource to an
>> exe and start it, it is shown in the deskbar, meaning that deskbar did not
>> find the
>> flag.
>> This is confirmed when reading resources with a small program using
>> BAppFileInfo::GetAppFlags: this call returns 0x4000000 for both the .rsrc
>> and the exe.
>> However if I write/compile an rdef file with B_BACKGROUND_APP, the
>> generated .rsrc
>> contains 0x4 as app flags.
>>
>> Another point is that using BAppFileInfo::GetAppFlags on a binary
>> completely generated
>> on Zeta does return the correct 0x4 value.
>>
>> I saw in the ResourceFile class that there are things done arround
>> endianness, but it
>> seems to be related to ppc support.
>>
>> Is this the expected behaviour, or should it be considered as a bug ?

> It might be a bug or the resources format has not been fully understood (cf.
> docs/develop/storage/resources/ResourcesFormat.tex). Or, less likely, Zeta
> changed/extended the resources format. At any rate, it doesn't harm to create
> a ticket. Please also attach the offending resource file.

I created ticket 3306, but it may be due to a specific release of Zeta. As
noted in the
ticket I recreated a resource file in Zeta 1.21 and it is correctly handled by
Haiku.
The resource file that is not correctly recognized starts with "Joy!resf"
instead of
"RS".
I do not remember on which version of QuickRes/Zeta I generated this file.